Hiring new staff is a major problem for companies all over the United States. Approximately 57% of businesses in the country report having problems retaining staff. A full 22% of people will leave a new job within 45 days of taking it. In June 2015, 2.7 million people quit their jobs. That represented a 25% increase over 2013. If this sounds like a problem that is familiar to you, you might be interested in using HR executive search consultants but where should you start your search and how should it be completed?
- Expect to put in your time. It will be well spent. You need to make a significant time commitment to working with HR executive search firms as they will want to get to know you and put themselves in the best position to help you get the staff you need who will stay with your organization. Your time will be used efficiently but expect to spend a decent amount of time during this process.
- The firm will start by getting to know you. Given the massive expenses when there is high employee turnover, your HR executive search consultants will work to get to know you and this process takes longer than most people expect. The good news is that your results will be what you want and you will get the staff you need to run your business.
- Confidentiality is job one for HR executive search consultants. You need to know that everything that on between you and HR executive search consultants, you have to know that all of the information that comes out over the course of making your hiring decisions will be kept under the strictest confidentiality. You need this and your applicants need it as well. You should expect the recruitment agency to use the utmost in discretion when working with you on your search for new staff.
- They should communicate with you regularly. When you are working with HR executive search consultants you can expect to receive regular updates on the progress of your search. It can be very frustrating to have to chase down information from consultants working with you. You should expect to receive coherent communications from the HR search consultants on a regular basis. They are around to make your life easier in the hiring process, not create more work for you to do.
- Find a HR firm with a commitment to getting you good results. Most agencies will pledge to redo the process if it turns out to be not successful. This is the safest way to proceed. This gives you the sense of security that you will get the right candidate for your openings. It also gives an added incentive to the HR executive search consultants to succeed. You should look into their reputations for successful placements.
- Find a firm to work with who has a structure to their interview process. The research process will provide the basis for your search but it needs to be backed up with a good interview process. This process will be the most important factor in finding a good HR executive firms to work. Some consultants will use psychometric and behavior based interview techniques testing on applicants to get the best information.
- They should be relationship builders. Even if they do not place a candidate with you all parties should be able to say it was a positive experience. That means that you, the HR executive search consultants and the people who apply to work at your organization should all get something out of the experience.You will get to know a lot about the candidates and that pool of information can be helpful in the future. The HR placement offices can use that when they have other placement opportunities. You want a firm that takes care of their applicants and considers their needs seriously during the placement process. Companies do that have more success in recruiting great people.
The hiring process is often a long and tedious one and takes a lot of time. Going with experts in staff recruitment can make that a whole lot easier and less painful. The key to that is that you need to find the right one.