IT support is not an English lesson to remind students of all ages the different uses of this two letter pronoun, it is an abbreviation for information technology. And while the phrase may sound scary to some who have not yet embraced this new way of life, IT support is an integral part of many aspects of our lives. From the banking that we use to run our finances to the IT support that maintains our health records at the hospital, there is hardly an industry that does not rely on technology and the accompanying managed IT services.
When consumers purchase a product, whether they are in the store or online, the card swipe that they use is backed up by both network support and network security, both services that are monitored by IT support teams. Even the websites that we rely on for information on all aspects of life are dependent upon IT support and services.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the technology that we use in every aspect of our lives:
- 47% of enterprises indicate that they lost data in the cloud and had to restore their information from backups.
- Google changes its search algorithm 500 to 600 times each year. An IT support team can help businesses make sure that they adapt to these changes.
- 66% of the large companies in America permit occasional telecommuting. This percentage is nearly double the number of companies from the year 2005, according to a 2013 study.
- 47% of data losses were due to end-users deleting information., ,
- 17% of data losses were due to users overwriting data.
- 13% of data losses were due to hackers deleting information.
If you are struggling with the website loading speeds or you are looking for a way to streamline your current office computer systems, it may be time for you to contact a new IT support company and find out what services and upgrades they may be able to provide. Finding the right provider can help you maintain your website as well as make sure that your networked computers are functioning at the highest levels.