If you are intending to install great open source software, Fantastico is a good addition to Cpanel of your site.
While using Fantastico, you just need to do the following for installing a new script:
- Firstly you need to click on Fantastico De Luxe.
- Click on the script option where you wish to incorporate the new script.
- Now, there will be complete detail s of the script. Vendor website, description and other details will appear on your screen.
- Here, you need to click on the next button saying New Installation.
- Under the drop down for install on domain, you need to click on domain name for installing the script.
- In the blank field for install in directory, it is recommended that use the name that resembles with the name of script (i.e use blog for wordpress and use cart for Zen Cart).
- At this stage, you will be asked to provide username and password for accessing the script admin area.
- Follow all instructions until you reach to the last page.
- The last page will provide you a link to get accessed to script admin area. Simply copy it and paste it in the browser.
Typical Email Configuration:
"Cannot Install More than One Script in a Directory"
In case you get the error that Fantastico cannot install more than 1 script in the directory then you must uninstall the already installed script.
Windows Hosting and/or Plesk
Fantastico cannot be used in Windows hosting (shared or dedicated) or Plesk (including VPS with Plesk).