You want to bring more people to your website. You may have heard that “search engine optimization (SEO) is dead.” The thing that is really wrong with that statement is that it fails to acknowledge the fact that at least 93% of all internet experiences begin with a search engine search. When those people search for something with Google, which has 65-70% of the search engine market share, somewhere between 70 and 80% of them will completely ignore the paid ads and go directly to results that are more organic. Search marketing company experts list these tips as ways to improve your campaign.
- Your website structure needs to clear and fresh. There are several ways you can structure your website so that it is easier for search engines like Google to find and list you, You need the spiders from the search engines to be able to index your site. Including a site map makes it really easy for the spiders to do their work mapping your site and listing it in search engine searches. Having a more intuitive navigation system also gives your visitors a better experience and ups the chances they will return and tell the people they know. This is one of the most important things you can do, according to the search marketing company experts.
- Content is still “king.” It is important to update your content on a regular basis. The vast majority of search marketing company experts say content either “very” or “somewhat” effective for SEO. At least 92% of them say this. Most companies recognize this but do not think they have the time. There are things you can do to streamline this process, spend less time doing and get your site updates as you need. Companies who have an effective plan for content also have a schedule. It is much easier to get it done when you do this.
- Place your keywords all over the place. They should be in our anchor text, headings, content, subheadings and URLs. You have a lot of options open to you when you are looking to place your keywords. They do not just have to be the content and nowhere else. It is far better to add a link to your keyword than to to put “check this out” with the link in it. What a search marketing company would tell you is links with “click here” or other generic text do you no favors and should be avoided. One way to focus the spiders on one part of your site or text, bold the keywords. That puts an emphasis on that part of your site.
- Have a local SEO plan. More and more people are using the “near me” feature on Google and on their mobile devices. At least half of all local search engine searches are made from these mobile devices. If you own a restaurant and people are out looking for a place to eat, they may not find you if you do not include your location. These users are exactly the people you want to reach because they are clearly interested in buying what you are selling.
- Use your keywords in your social media posts. Search engines do index Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, among other social media channels. You will increase the interest in your social media posts but, more importantly, you will be able to drive more people to your website, which is the whole reason you might hire a search marketing company, to get people to visit your site.
- Do not forget to add alt tags to your images. Search engine spiders do not see images, they can only index text. This is a description of the image. You should also put your keywords in the description of the image or the caption. You should also bold the text around the image and use your keywords there. That will draw the attention of the search engine and it will be indexed accordingly.
- Use simple and descriptive URLs. Email addresses used to look like a squirrel ran across the keyboard. You do not want your URLs to look the same way. Simple and descriptive will help your SEO efforts.